Announcement videos and weekly overview videos can save valuable class and live meeting time. Explore the process for capturing these videos.
- [Teacher] You've probably had situations where the same question keeps coming up or you need to share new information with a large group of people. A video announcement or weekly overview is a great way to effectively share information while saving precious class or live meeting time. With an announcement video, I'm going to stick to one topic and share an announcement that could be enhanced with a visual. I might show viewers where to find something, share time changes, go over policy changes or make my viewers aware of an upcoming event.
With a weekly overview video, the content is a bit different. I'm going to walk my audience through everything they need to know or complete during that week. I can set expectations. I can show where assignments are to be turned in or give examples of what works should look like. I can guide my viewers through all of the week's tasks or I can share resources that might help my viewers complete their work. Both announcement and weekly overview videos can be huge time savers and the process for recording both types of videos is the same.
Let's create an announcement video. I'm going to launch Camtasia. I'm going to choose New Recording. I'm going to check all of my settings. I'm recording full screen. I'm not recording my webcam. Want to make sure the right audio headset is recording. And that record system audio is checked. Okay, it looks like we're good to go. I'm going to click record and wait for the countdown. Hi everyone, all work has been posted for week seven and eight in Google Classroom, so make sure you check out those folders.
The option to submit your slide presentation is available in the week eight folder. So click on week eight and slide all the way to the bottom, that's where you can turn in that assignment. Please make sure you do submit that assignment by December the first. If you have any questions, please join me for office hours this week. Have a great day. Okay, when I'm finished I'm going to click F10 on my keyboard to stop the recording. Camtasia will automatically open my file in Camtasia Studio.
I'm going to save and name my project. Because this was just a quick announcement video, I'm probably not going to spend much time editing. I'll just produce and share this video with my students. Anytime a question comes up about how or where to submit that particular project, I can just refer students to the video. Okay, it's your turn. Go create an announcement or weekly overview video about something happening within your class or organization.
It might just save you from answering the same question 84 times today.
- Understanding the Camtasia 9 interface
- Recording tips and tricks
- Capturing your video
- Providing feedback
- Capturing a slide presentation
- Making a basic edit
- Adding annotations, transitions, and music
- Hiding mistakes
- Posting your video