Dramatic volume variations can be great for the symphony, but not so hot when you’re viewing a tutorial. Corbin Anderson shows you how to use leveling to keep your Camtasia 9 project volumes consistent and easy on the ears.
- [Narrator] Let's explore leveling the volume…in your recording.…One of the tools they use in recording studios…to make audio recordings sound their best is compression.…Compression evens out the volume level in a recording,…givin' it more of a uniform and powerful sound.…Let me show you.…We have two clips here.…They're both the same recording, but the one on the left…has not been processed, and the one on the right has…with compression or limiting, and a little bit…of EQ, I'm guessing.…Let's hear the difference.…- [Man On First Audio Clip] You work hard and play harder.…
Water can't give you back what you lose.…- [Man On Second Audio Clip] You work hard and play harder.…Water can't give you back what you lose.…- [Narrator] Alright, now if you couldn't hear…the difference there, I'm sure you could at least see…the difference in the wave form.…The one on the right is compressed.…The peaks and valleys have been reduced and the overall…perceived volume has been raised.…Now this may or may not be a sound you're aiming for,…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.