Learn how to use the leveling effect in Camtasia for a more professional polished sound on your vocals and voice over.
- [Narrator] I'm going to show you how to use…volume leveling on your vocals…for a more even, professional sound.…Leveling brings up any low-level sounds that might be…hard to hear and lowers any transient peaks…in my waveform so I can raise the overall level…of my track, the goal being to make the vocals a bit louder,…clearer, and easier to understand.…Keep in mind, leveling also raises the volume of any noise…in your recording.…Okay, if you want a quick, down and dirty way…to level your vocals, you go to audio effects,…drag volume leveling to your clip,…jump over here to the properties tab,…choose low,…and then just drag up the volume level…until you're approaching but not touching the top.…
You'll have a totally decent volume leveling for a vocal,…but it may not be the best solution.…You can even try the medium or high settings…and see how that sounds.…For me, these sound a bit heavy handed.…In most cases, I like my vocals to sound natural.…If I were doing a really loud video promo or a podcast…with a music track, that might be a totally different story,…
- Scripting a video
- Choosing and setting up a lavalier
- Shooting video with your phone
- Capturing multiple sources
- Using a phone screen recorder
- Removing noise
- Choosing a resolution
- Leveling vocals
- Making detailed audio adjustments
- Copying effects to save time
- Editing synced videos
- Adding closed captioning
- Sharing your finished video
Skill Level Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Recording a Demonstration Video
3. Producing Your Video, Part 1
4. Producing Your Video, Part 2
5. Sharing Your Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.