Learn how keyboard shortcuts or hotkeys can add speed and efficiency to your editing workflow. Learn how to use and customize hotkeys to meet your editing needs.
- [Instructor] Keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys…as they're called in Camtasia, can be an efficient way…to keep your project flowing without getting slowed…down while you drill through menus.…Now, truth be told, I'm not a huge hotkey fan.…I'm very visual, and to me editing…is kind of like a video game.…I like the clicking, and the dragging,…and all that kind of fun stuff,…so for me shortcuts kind of ruin the fun.…However, there are a number of commands that…are so much easier to execute on the keyboard…that they just can't be ignored.…
And, even some actions that can only…be accessed on the keyboard,…so I still use hotkeys quite frequently.…I'll show you the ones I use the most.…A tap on the spacebar can start--…- [Man] I'm going to show you to how use--…- [Instructor] Or stop the playhead.…S splits a selected track at the playhead position.…You're probably familiar with ctrl + C to copy,…or ctrl + X to cut, and of course ctrl + V to paste.…Now, ctrl + V never made a whole lot…of sense to me, it's just not intuitive.…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.