Mistakes are going to happen during your Camtasia 9 recording, but they don’t have to ruin it. Corbin Anderson shows you tips and tricks for cutting down on errors, handling mistakes during a recording session, as well as effectively dealing with errors d
- [Narrator] I'm gonna fess up.…I make mistakes during recordings all the time.…I'm gonna show you a few of the ways I handle it.…Even on my best days, armed with a well prepared script…and all the time in the world,…things often go wrong during a recording.…I say the wrong thing,…forget what to do on screen,…maybe the neighbor decides to start up their lawnmower…or their chainsaw right in the middle of my tutorial.…I hate that.…
No worries.…All of these things can be handled.…Here are a few options.…One, just go with it.…If I'm doing a quick blurt for my online group…or a coworker, a few mistakes are no big deal.…It might even add to the entertainment value.…Try again.…This is the one I use the most.…I don't even stop the recording.…I just step back a few seconds in time on the script,…try it again, then remove the error…when I edit.…I like to clap three times in between mess-ups like this.…
(clapping)…This makes spotting the error very easy during editing.…I just find the three spikes in the audio waveform…and cut out the error.…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.