Explore ideas on gaining a fresh perspective on your Camtasia 9 project, then take it to the next level before you publish.
- [Instructor] At some point in a project,…either A, I've done everything I can do,…B, I've just run out of time,…or C, I am plain sick of working on it.…Well, it's time to take a step back…and gain a little perspective…before sending my video out into the world.…I'm going to share my pre-publishing process with you…and hopefully, you'll be able to glean a tip or two.…If at all possible, the first thing I like to do is nothing.…After staring at a timeline for hours or even days,…I am just too close to it.…
I need a break from this relationship.…Two or three days is great.…In a perfect world, I like to wrap up on Friday,…let things sit for the weekend,…then re-visit the project on Monday with fresh eyes.…If that doesn't work out,…I'll at least switch to another project for a few days.…When I come back, I'm able to see errors…I didn't notice before,…maybe have a few new ideas,…and just catch anything that seems off.…If time is tight and I don't have a few days,…I at least get outside for a bit.…
Have a long lunch or take a nap.…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.