Sometimes an edit in Camtasia 9 can cause a cursor jump. This can be a bit jarring for viewers. Corbin Anderson shows you how to use a patch cursor to hide cursor jumps in your project.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how…to fix a cursor jump.…Sometimes editing will leave me with a cursor jump,…like this.…It's usually because I said or did…the wrong thing, backtracked and redid that section…but after I removed the error,…the cursor doesn't match up.…It happens.…Now this might not be a big deal…if I'm whipping out a quick how-to…for a coworker or a student,…but if I'm going for a professional…looking instructional video, this can be a bit jarring.…
Now, I could of course re-record the entire thing,…but there's another way that may be…considerably easier, depending on your tutorial.…I can animate a cursor move and hide the jump.…Let me show ya here.…So, in this example I'm creating a tutorial…showing new students how to email me,…and right in the middle one of my students, David,…hits me up on Hangouts, asking for help.…I'll show you here.…Going along great and then all of a sudden,…boop!…There's David,…talk to David, handle that, and get back to the tutorial.…
Now, I can easily remove that section from the tutorial,…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.