Editing can create audible gaps in your timeline. Learn how to use room tone to fill in those gaps for an even-sounding vocal track.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to use…room tone to fix audio gaps.…Let me show you what I mean by that.…For demonstration purposes, I've boosted…the ambient noise in this recording.…I'm going to go here to this little gap-osis…and play it for you.…- [Male Voice] USB headset.…Another nice feature of--…- [Instructor] Depending on what you're…listening to this on, you may or may not…have been able to hear that.…But to me, there's a small jump in the ambient noise,…and the edit is evident.…If you record in a quiet environment with a good mic,…you probably won't have to deal with this.…
But if, despite your best efforts, you end up with…audible noise, or, a more likely scenario,…somebody sends you a really noisy recording…and asked you to edit it, it's going to have to be addressed.…If I were adding a music track, I wouldn't worry about it.…The music would mask the cut.…But since the ambient noise is audible…and the cut is evident, I got to smooth it out somehow,…especially if there's a lot of ambient noise in there,…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.