The dreaded missing file error is usually easy to remedy. Corbin Anderson shows you how to locate your missing, deleted and misplaced files and get them back into your Camtasia 9 project.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] I'm going to show you how to fix…the dreaded missing file error.…Dun, dun, dun.…Once in a while I'll start up my project…and get an error similar to this.…Now what is happened is for some reason…my Camtasia project file isn't able to find…one or more of the media files.…Usually for one of three reasons.…One, the file is on an external drive…and it's not plugged in.…Two, I accidentally deleted the file.…
Or three, I geniously moved the file to another folder…or drive and of course Camtasia has no idea where it is.…Let's start with the first scenario.…My external drive is not plugged in.…When I close this all out, plug in my hard drive,…and try again.…Okay I've plugged in my external hard drive.…I'm gonna go ahead and restart Camtasia.…Choose the same file and let's see what happens this time.…Okay I've still got the error,…but I'm down to two.…Let me show you what happened here.…
I was able to fix one of the problems.…Let's take a look at the next two.…In this next scenario I have unwittingly deleted the file.…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.