Extending a frame is a nifty trick to have in your storytelling toolbox. Corbin Anderson shows you how to extend a frame in Camtasia 9 to cover edits and fill empty space.
- [Narrator] I'm going to show you…how to extend a video frame.…Now, what I mean by that, is taking one frame from a video,…which is essentially an image,…and extending it's on-screen time.…Basically, I'm turning a video frame into an image.…This is a trick I use all the time to hide errors…or just fill in a gap on the timeline,…which is exactly what I did here in this project.…Right here, I needed that image up for a little longer…than I captured, so I did a still frame…and then I was able to animate it.…
Of course, I could have gone back and rerecorded it…the way I wanted it to, or I can just use this trick…and extend the frame, let me show you how I did that.…Here's the original recording here.…I just have that and what I want is that frame…extended for a few seconds.…So, let me show you how I do it.…First, I'm going to split the track here.…I'm going to select the track and type S on the keyboard…to split it.…Now, I'm going to right click…and choose extend frame.…Now, I can choose a duration,…anywhere from one second to whatever it goes up to.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.