Camtasia 9 ships with a library of effects to add to your image and video clips that can add a bit of eye-candy to your story. Corbin Anderson shows you how to use these effects to enhance your project and direct your viewers attention to key components.
- [Narrator] Let's check out a few of the visual effects…available in Camtasia 9.…To get to visual effects,…just click on the visual effects button.…I'll be exploring drop shadow, border,…colorize, and color adjustment.…They're all really simple to use…and they all work well together.…Now the other effects are a bit more advanced,…and I'll take a look at those later on.…Let's start with the drop shadow.…Now to add any of these effects to a clip,…you just drag and drop,…and open the properties panel just in case it's not.…
These work with images or video.…Now for the drop shadow, first of all,…I'm gonna bump up the opacity…so you can really see what's going on.…Looks like 40% is the default,…and as I bump it you can see there,…it gets a little darker.…Let's start at the top here and work our way down.…The first thing there is the angle.…You can go like this and choose an angle for your shadow.…If you click right in the middle,…it basically has just edges all around.…Or, if you want to,…you can twirl the dial like this…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.