Explore the options in Camtasia recorder to help your screen capture meet the needs of your project. Corbin Anderson walks you through the basics and shares his workflow preferences.
- [Voiceover] Let's explore the options…in Camtasia's recorder.…The options in the recorder can have a profound effect…on the video you capture.…I'm gonna work through the ones…I think make a big difference, show you what I do…and hopefully that will give you enough info…to make a call as to what would work best for you.…First off, I of course need to open the recorder.…To do that, all you do is…you click on the record button here.…Now, don't worry, when you click record…it doesn't start recording.…It just opens the recorder.…
Now, I want to check out the options in the recorder,…so I'm gonna go to Tools…and Options.…For the most part, the presets are pretty good.…If you just left everything as is,…your recording would come out just fine.…I'm gonna show you a few things…that I changed to make things run a bit smoother for me.…I'm gonna start here in the General tab.…I'm gonna click here on the file options button.…For file options, the automatic file name works fine,…but I like to ask for file name option.…
I want to name my file something…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.