Explore the canvas tools in Camtasia 9. The canvas tools give you the ability to view, crop and even zoom in tight to work on details in your video. Corbin Anderson walks you through each tool and how to use it effectively in your workflow.
- [Voiceover] I'm going to give you a working tour…of the canvas tools.…I'm gonna go ahead and click play here,…so the canvas is active.…This is the canvas up here.…The canvas is basically your movie screen.…But it's kind of a magical interface movie screen.…You can make changes to your movie here in the canvas,…as well as viewing it.…I'm gonna stop that with the space bar.…First, let's take a look at the edit tool,…this arrow tool right here.…With the edit tool, you can click on media…and you can do things to it.…
I can move it around like this and re-position it.…I can re-size it.…If I click here in the corner,…I can re-size the media in proportion.…Now if you click in the corner,…you get a proportional scaling.…If you for some reason want to change things,…you can drag on the top or the bottom,…make it look a little wonky.…Sometimes that is exactly what you need.…Now if I go here in the middle,…and mouse over the middle,…I'll get a green dot in the circle arrow there…and I can rotate, my items.…If at any point I'm working with my media and…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.