Corbin Anderson shares his workflow preferences for optimizing performance and productivity in Camtasia 9.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at a few preferences…you might want to consider in your Studio setup.…Now the default Camtasia Studio setup is pretty good,…but there are a few things you might want to tweak…to suit your workflow.…I'm going to go ahead and open up…the Studio preferences, and show you what I do,…and you can decide if those changes work for you.…I'm going to go to Edit, Preferences,…and here is where you can make the changes.…In the Program tab, I'm happy with pretty much everything.…You can of course turn off the…Send anonymous usage data,…but the info helps TechSmith build a better product,…so I leave it checked.…
You may also want to scale back the autosave.…Every two minutes is pretty frequent,…and sometimes people get irritated…by the occasional slowdown caused by an autosave,…but I like it like this.…If something goes wrong, I've only lost two minutes of work…at the most, and when it autosaves that often,…there isn't much new data to write…so the performance bump usually goes unnoticed.…In the Timing tab, I tweak a couple of things.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.