The library of icons that comes with Camtasia 9 is pretty cool, but on their own, icons are just...icons. Corbin Anderson shows you how to easily add animations and behaviors to your icons to take your story to the next level.
- (Narrator) I'm going to share some ideas…for enhancing icons.…Camtasia 9 ships with a pretty decent library of icons…that you can use in any of your projects.…But let's face it, a barn or a gear icon…isn't all that interesting on its own.…They're a good starting point, but you need to add something…to an icon to make it a valuable asset.…Let's start here with this airplane icon I saw earlier.…Drag that to the timeline.…It's not real exciting on its own, but I can work with it.…
The simplest thing is a behavior,…and as I've mentioned I really like behaviors.…Going to go to the behaviors button here,…and let's go with jump and fall,…that sounds very airplane-like.…Let's see what we have here.…Okay, that's fun.…Now let's go ahead and possibly animate it as well.…I want it to maybe fly across the screen, how about.…So I'm going to go to the transitions.…Not transitions, animations.…Going to do a custom animation, and I'm going to have it…go across the entire thing here.…
Start there.…I want it to fly across the screen,…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.