Camtasia 9 comes with many options for drawing your viewers' attention to an area in your screencap. Explore annotations, blurs, and animations to get your viewer looking where you want, when you want.
- [Instructor] Drawing my viewer's attention…to a specific area or action on the screen…is a technique I use very frequently…in e-learning videos.…And Camtasia comes nicely packed…with an entire array of tools to accomplish this.…This is one of the features in Camtasia…that really sets it apart…from a basic screen-cap app…and one of the main reasons I encourage people…to take some time editing their video…rather than just recording and posting as-is.…Taking the time to carefully point out key information…is the difference between the viewer exiting your video…scratching their head…versus going and doing the skill…they came to learn.…
Now, you may be saying,…"Hey, I can just waggle my cursor around like this."…Yeah, you could do that.…But, A, it's very distracting.…I've seen plenty of tutorials like this…and it kind of makes me motion sick.…I don't know, maybe that's just because I'm old.…And B, I'm never quite sure…what I'm supposed to be looking at.…Waggling a cursor around isn't exactly…the most precise way to point something out.…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.