Camtasia Recorder has many options that you can customize to suit your screen recording needs. In this video, learn how to customize the Camtasia Recorder for macOS.
- [Instructor] Now the Mac version … of Camtasia recorder works … almost exactly the same as the Windows version. … You turn recording devices on and off … by toggling the switch for the device. … Here I've turned on my webcam. … Anytime you want to turn the device off, … just toggle the switch again. … The real difference between the two platforms is … where the extra options for your recording preferences are. … On the Mac version, … you just go up to the Camtasia 2020 menu on the left, … and select Preferences, or press Command + Comma. … Then, go to your recording tab. … Here you have a greatly simplified, single view … of most of your preferences. … The top option here lets you control the default frame rate … for all of your recordings. … Now, I suggest leaving this set to 30 frames per second, … or possibly 25 frames per second, … if you're recording in a PAL region. … The only other option that's most commonly used will be … the new High Frame Rate option of 60 frames per second. …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.