Camtasia 9 is great for capturing the action on your screen. But what about the keyboard? How do you share keyboard actions with your viewer? Corbin Anderson shows you how to use keystroke callouts in your project.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to…visually demonstrate keystrokes.…Camtasia is great at capturing everything I'm doing…on the screen, as well as my voice,…but what about the keyboard?…I can of course say something like,…"Type Control on the keyboard,"…or whatever, and that's great for auditory learners,…but what about those visual people?…Well Camtasia has a tool for demonstrating this.…It's called a keyboard callout.…I'll show you how it works.…In this tutorial clip I recorded earlier,…I talk about a few common keyboard shortcuts…to use when editing in Google Docs.…
What I'm going to do is add a keystroke callout…to each of these three points…on the timeline that I've marked.…Let's listen to the first one.…- [Narrator] Then on the keyboard, tap Control + C.…- [Instructor] Okay, so I'm going to add…a Control + C callout here.…I'm going to go to Annotations,…and up here, this little keyboard icon,…click on that, and you've got options here.…Choose one that's going to work with your project.…I'm going to go with this one.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.