Creating groups is a great way to keep your Camtasia 9 timeline organized and highly effective. Corbin Anderson demonstrates the basics of how to create, rename and use groups effectively in your video creation workflow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Narrator] Let's take a look at creating Groups.…Once you begin editing, you may find yourself…with a lot of separate clips to manage.…A few snips here and there, add some pics and audio,…and your timeline can start to look cluttered…and become difficult to manage whenever you make a move.…One way to make managing your timeline easier,…and to avoid editing errors, is to create Groups.…A Group is basically just a bunch of clips…that have been stuck together.…Sort of like throwing a bunch of DVDs in a box.…This makes it really easy to move a bunch of clips…without messing up your timeline.…
Here is a Group, right here.…If I click the plus sign, I can open it and you can…see there are four clips there.…But as long as it's grouped, I can just move 'em…all together very easily and they're not gonna get…out of synch with each other.…Now, to create a Group.…First, you select the clips you want to include…in the Group.…You can just drag to select them.…You could shift click.…Hold down the Shift key and click.…Alright, once you've got your clips selected,…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.