Learn how to use Camtasia's batch production tool to turn data-heavy files into easy-to-edit copies for smooth and frustration-free editing.
- [Instructor] If you find Camtasia is struggling…to play back your videos in real time,…consider creating lower quality easy to edit copies.…Now, by lower quality, I don't mean low quality,…just lower, so that Camtasia and your computer can…more easily handle the files during editing…and hopefully save you the frustration of working…on a sluggish machine.…If you've been using the exercise files, you've…been using lower quality copies for many of the files.…If I had used the original file, the download folder…would've been huge.…
Let me show you what I mean.…Here on the timeline I have an original clip,…and then right above it I have a lower quality copy,…and let's see if you can tell the difference.…Heres the copy.…Here's the original.…Copy.…Original.…You'd really have to have an eagle eye to catch…the difference there.…Now, the real difference is in the file size.…Let me show you.…If I right click on this clip and go to the open file…location, take a look at these.…My 001 HD clip is 23 megabytes.…
The original, that's just three second clip,…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.