Creating a dedicated recording account can save you time, hassle and keep your Camtasia recordings separate from your work and personal life. Corbin Anderson shows you how to quickly set up a dedicated recording account in Windows 10.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to set up…a dedicated account for recording in Camtasia.…What I mean by this is a separate Windows account…that you use just for recording with Camtasia.…Now you don't have to do this,…but I think it's well worth a few minutes it takes…to set it up.…It gives us a clean starting point,…and you don't have to worry about all your day to day…or personal computer stuff interfering with your recording.…For this tutorial I'll be using Windows 10,…but if you have a different Windows version,…just goggle create new user account…and then whatever Windows version you're working on.…
Then follow the steps.…Okay, let's get started.…In the Windows search area…I'm gonna type accounts.…And I'm gonna click User Accounts.…Next I'm gonna click Manage another account.…Then down here Add a new User in PC settings.…Right, I'm just gonna click on this plus button here…to add someone else to this PC,…in this case me.…Now this isn't a separate person's account.…It's just my recording account.…
So for this Windows sign-in page,…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.