A thumbnail is what grabs a viewer's attention and gets them to click on your video. A dull thumbnail can be a deal breaker when it comes to catching clicks. Corbin Anderson shows you how to create a custom thumbnail in Camtasia 9 to visually tell your st
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to create…a custom thumbnail.…Video hosts like YouTube are perfect for sharing my story…with the world, but I am seldom happy with the thumbnail…that is auto-selected.…Fortunately, I can create and upload…my own custom thumbnail.…This is more important than you may think.…Take a trip through YouTube and you'll see…that custom thumbnails have become a very big deal.…That image may very well determine whether or not…someone actually clicks on your video.…It's like a billboard on the YouTube freeway.…
First I need to choose a good frame for my thumbnail.…I'm going to scrub through my timeline and see if I can find…something that works.…I could go with that, that's what YouTube chose.…I mean, that would be fine, but let's see what else…I can find, something a little more engaging…that tells a little more about the story.…The cat here would be fine, that's a graphic novel…being designed.…But right there, I think that is my favorite.…This frame tells a bit more about the story.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.