Most screen recordings are made in full screen, but Camtasia 2020 has a robust tool for capturing custom regions of your screen. In this video, learn how to create custom record regions using the Camtasia Recorder.
- [Narrator] The most common type of recording … that you'll likely make will be to capture your full screen. … And that's the default action of this button … here in the Camtasia Recorder. … But if you click the small dropdown menu … next to the button, you have a variety of other options. … Now the top sections have the most common … screen aspect ratios that you'll need. … The widescreen formats match the common 16 by nine … movie screen formats that we've all become accustomed to. … These can be really helpful … if you're recording on a computer, such as a laptop, … that has a native screen resolution, … that's outside of this aspect ratio. … Now on the Mac version, you also have some options … for common social media recording sizes down here, … as well as an option to record any connected iOS devices. … I'm going to select the smaller 480p size setting … since I'm recording this movie for you at 720p. … And when you make your selection, … you get a custom record region … that's designated by these green dashed lines …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.