Explore options and preferences in Camtasia to optimize your workflow.
- [Narrator] As your editing chops develop,…you may find you're being held back…by some of the default preferences in Camtasia.…Fortunately, it's very easy to customize editing options,…and make your relationship with Camtasia…run just a little smoother.…I'm going to pop up here to edit, and preferences.…Here in the program tab,…I don't really have any recommendations.…The default settings work great for me,…but you may want to take a run through it.…If, for example, you like mirrored waveforms,…or hate auto stitching, or get annoyed…when Camtasia saves your project every two minutes,…you can make those changes here.…
Over here on the timing tab, you may find some other options…that make your editing life a little easier.…I find the default one second transition…to be a bit long, so I'm going to bump that down…to point five seconds; same for images.…My default go to is three seconds,…so I'd rather adjust that once here,…than have to do it every time I drag an image…to the timeline.…I'm also going to pull down my animations default time…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.