Learn how to choose either full screen or just a section of the screen when creating your recording. Corbin Anderson walks you through the basic steps and discusses options for setting your screen capture area to meet the needs of your project.
- [Narrator] Camtasia can record…anything on your screen,…from a small window…to the entire monitor.…But you gotta let Mr. Camtasia know…what it is you want to record.…So, I'm gonna go ahead and open up…the Camtasia recorder, here.…I'm just gonna click on the record button…in the top left corner.…Now, if you wanna make your life super simple,…just click record full screen.…Everything you see on your screen,…Camtasia will record.…This method works great for most projects.…
Okay, in some cases, you may only want to record…a section of your screen.…Maybe you have a gargantuan, 4K monitor,…and you only need to show part of it.…Maybe you need to have several windows open…and only want to record one,…or maybe there are just parts of your monitor…you want to exclude.…Well, you can choose to record just an area,…or a window, as well.…Here's how.…Just go over here to the custom box,…click the dropdown,…and choose one of the presets.…If you're not going with full screen,…I highly recommend choosing one of the presets…so that your video comes out…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.