Room tone, or tone, can be used to remove unwanted ambient noise and fix audio gaps in the timeline. Learn how to capture room tone to use in your Camtasia 9 project.
- [Narrator] It's a really good idea…to record a short clip of room tone…whenever you start a new project…or record in a new location.…If you're not familiar with this term,…room tone or tone is just the sound of the room…where you're recording in without any additional noise.…No talking, no cars honking, just the natural room sounds.…A five second clip is adequate but 30 seconds is better.…I use room tone in my projects for two main things.…Smoothing the transitions between cuts,…and removing noise.…
We'll look at both of these in a separate video.…But first, let's capture some room tone.…First, you want to eliminate as much noise as possible.…In my home studio, AKA the garage,…I turn off the mini-fridge, my second laptop,…unless I need it for the recording,…and I even flip off the heating and air conditioning.…Any noise I can do without, I remove.…However, if you are in a space where you don't have…control over your heating and air conditioning,…you'll want to record two room tone clips,…one with the air on, one without.…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.