The canvas in Camtasia 2020 is where the visuals for your movie are displayed. In this video, learn how to manipulate the Canvas and the visual presentation of clips displayed there for your screencast project.
- [Narrator] Now let's turn our attention … to this upper region of your screen, … which is called the canvas. … Imagine a beautiful painting hanging on your wall. … The canvas is where the paint is applied … and it's represented by this light gray box … that goes around your image. … Anything inside of that box will appear … in your final movie as your work of art. … The area outside the box is like the wall … that the canvas is hanging on. … Previously, … We saw that when you click on an object on your canvas, … you can manipulate it size, … position, … and rotation using the control handles … that are on your clip. … Now with the object selected, … if you click on the crop tool, … that's up here in your top menu bar, … your selection handles will change into squares. … You can then click and drag on those … to crop in on your image. … Then when you're finished making your changes, … just click on the arrow tool again, … to go back to the normal editing mode … and de-select the crop tool. …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.