The Camtasia Editor is the ideal tool for editing and refining your screencast. In this video, learn how to identify all of the key features of the Editor.
- [Narrator] The real power of Camtasia, … is in the built in editor. … And in this chapter, you're going to learn … the ins and outs of video editing with Camtasia. … At the timeline and the canvas … show you two separate perspectives of your story. … The canvas shows you the look of the current frame … that is selected in the timeline … at your playhead's current location. … Dragging the playhead allows you to scrub through time … to find a place that you want to edit. … Media in your timeline is represented as individual clips. … Click on a clip to select it. … Notice that the selected clip highlights in your timeline, … and it also has selection handles … surrounding the clip on the canvas. … You can then manipulate the clip's position, … scale and rotation using these control handles. … You can change when a clip appears and for how long … by making adjustments in your timeline. … Now with a clip selected, … you can change the look of the clip … by making adjustments to parameters here inside …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.