- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
- [Corbin] Welcome, I'm Corbin, instructional designer, videographer, e-learning explorer, digital storyteller and Camasia enthusiast. I've been creating e-learning content using Camtasia since 2010, and I can tell you it is one of my go to tools, not just for e-learning projects, but pretty much any type of multimedia creation. Now this is an intermediate to advanced course, if you're brand new to Camtasia, I'm going to recommend you pop over to one of my entry level courses, take a run through that, then come back here for more advanced techniques.
In this course we're going to focus specifically on editing in Camtasia 9, we'll take a look at optimizing Camtasia and your workflow, using Camtasisa's built in tools in new and creative ways, improving your clips with reframing and visual enhancements, capturing and taking advantage of room tone, improving audio, as well as some advanced options when it comes time to produce your project. Before we start, I want to share my method for independent online learning.
For me, hands on practice is key in turning information into a concept. I do a lot of online learning, and for me, the most effective has been this, I watch the tutorial, I do the skill, then I decide if I've truly conceptualized that skill. If so, I move onto the next one, and if not, hey, maybe I watch the video again, or maybe I just need a little more hands on practice. Now this may seem like extra work and possibly a waste of time, but I see it as an investment, not a cost.
In my experience, turning information into concepts is the difference between retaining what I've learned long term or forgetting it the next day. Okay, so without any further ado, let's get to editing in Camtasia 9.
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.