Calibrating your microphone is the first essential step in creating great audio recordings of your voice. In this video, learn how to record, evaluate, and refine your microphone settings to capture a good quality recording of your voice.
- [Instructor] We can all forgive imperfect video, … but we can't tolerate bad audio. … Perfection is not what we're after. … What you need to strive for is good clean audio, … for all of your recordings. … And the very first step in capturing a good, clean recording … of your voice, is to calibrate your microphone. … Skipping this step is where everyone, … at one point or another, has gone wrong. … And the process is very simple, … and it only takes a few seconds to verify … after the first time in a new location. … Begin by making sure your microphone … is properly connected to your computer, … and install any drivers for your mic. … It's always a good idea to go directly to your mic … manufacturer's website and look for any support … or download sections. … Then follow those links, search for your specific model, … get the drivers, install them, … and then restart your computer to make sure everything … loads up properly. … Next, we need to make sure that your operating system … has the proper mic selected. …
This course was created by Chris Mattia. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use Camtasia?
- Calibrating your microphone
- Recording, editing, and sharing your first screencast
- Using the PowerPoint add-in
- Choosing the area of the screen you want to record
- Handling mistakes
- Editing audio and video in Camtasia
- Adding annotations and transitions
- Sharing projects with others
- Tips for successful recording
Skill Level Beginner
Inclusive Instructional Designwith Samantha Calamari1h 13m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Recordings
3. Editing in Camtasia
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Sharing and Collaborating
6. Keys to a Successful Recording
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.