In Camtasia 9, it's easy to blur sensitive or private information like email addresses, passwords, or phone numbers. Corbin Anderson shows you how to handle this situation, even if the area to be blurred moves during your screen capture.
- [Narrator] I'm going to show you…how to blur out sensitive info,…both when it's stationary and…when it's moving.…I'm going to demonstrate with this tutorial clip…that involves a student email from David.…Now, let's say I've talked to David,…and he doesn't mind if I use his…name and email content in the tutorial,…but he doesn't want his email address shown,…lest it fall into the hands of evil spammers…or devious phishers, or something like that.…So, no worries David, I can blur it out.…Let me zoom in a little tighter here…so you can see what's going on.…
And I'll go to 100%,…going to hold down the space bar and pan over here…so you can see what we got here.…I need to get rid of this, dchavez.…So, stationary blurring is pretty easy.…So, let's start with that.…I'm going to go to Annotations,…Blur and Highlight,…and then I'm going to choose Blur.…You can also choose Pixelate, that would work fine,…but I like the blur.…So, I'm going to drag it down here to the timeline.…Now, right now you can't see what's going on…because I'm blurring white, so I'm going to select this,…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.