Corbin Anderson goes over how to get ready to explore the tools and techniques in Camtasia 9. If you don’t already have Camtasia 9 installed on your computer just visit techsmith.com/camtasia.
- [Instructor] Before beginning you should have Camtasia 9 installed and running on your device. Either the full or trial version will work just fine for this course. If you haven't done this yet just visit techsmith.com/camstasia. Once you've done that you can begin exploring the amazing world of digital storytelling. I'd also like to take a moment to share my personal method for video based learning. I have watched oodles of video tutorials and tried numerous techniques for ingesting and processing what can often seem like a huge amount of information.
Before getting into video I was an elementary school teacher and became a big advocate for hands on learning. I found that the best way to internalize what I've learned is to use it as often as possible. The Corbin video learning method goes something like this. Watch the tutorial, work through the steps at your own pace, and if you need to watch the tutorial or just parts of it again, then work through the steps again. It's really key that you actually do the steps. Now this may seem like a lot of work and time but it's really an investment, not a cost.
I found that if I just watch a tutorial a week later I have no idea what I learned, but if I've actually worked through the steps a time or two the information has become an internalized concept. This is what works for me, your own learning style may be completely different. With Camtasia 9 you can capture your story, add your personality and style and polish it to perfection for sharing it with anyone anywhere. As I'm recording this course, Camtasia 9 hasn't even been released yet which as you can imagine creates a slight wrinkle in production.
So how it works is I'm working with the beta version of Camtasia 9. What that means is you may notice some differences between my screen and yours as updates may have been made since this course was created. Nonetheless the concepts remain the same. Now if you notice a difference just roll with it for now but please do share what you noticed in the course feedback. Basically that's all you need to know to jump in and begin working through the course. Let's get rolling.
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings