Volume leveling in Camtasia 9 can add the punch and power you need to sound like a professional broadcaster. The presets work pretty well, but with a few tweaks, you can add a custom sound to your voiceover. Corbin Anderson shows you how.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at leveling audio…in Camtasia 9 and explore how to get more punch…from your vocals, but still keep them sounding natural.…Let's start by looking at the waveforms.…This first one is my vocal without any leveling.…You can see it has lots of peaks and valleys.…I'm going to give it a quick listen.…- [Recorded Voice] Welcome to graphic novel design.…- [Instructor] Now some parts are plenty loud,…and some could stand to be a little louder.…Overall, it could use just a bit more punch.…Now how much punch is a topic of hot debate.…
For me, since many people view tutorials on laptops…and smartphones, which don't usually have the greatest…speakers, I tend to push the volume up near digital zero.…In this next section, it's the same clip,…but with high leveling applied.…You can see I have the volume leveling effect applied,…but with the high setting.…Let's give that a quick listen.…- [Recorded Voice] Welcome to graphic novel design.…- [Instructor] Many of the peaks and valleys…in the waveform are just gone.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.