Learn how to use room tone to remove unwanted ambient noise from your Camtasia 9 recording.
- [Instructor] We're going to look at…advanced noise removal using room tone.…Now if you haven't used Camtasia's noise removal…tool before, I'm going to invite you to pop over…to one of my other Camtasia courses…and get the skinny on basic noise removal first.…In a separate video, I showed you how to create…a room tone clip, now I'm going to show you…how to use that captured ambient noise…as a baseline to let Camtasia know what is…and is not noise in your recording.…The goal, of course, being to remove the noise…without affecting your vocal.…
Okay, here on the timeline I have two clips.…I have a vocal clip and a room tone clip.…Now for demonstration purposes, I've boosted…the ambient noise on both clips,…it's meant to sound noisy.…Okay, these are just audio clips,…but if you have a video clip or a TRET clip,…the noise removal steps I'm going to show you are identical.…So first let's listen to the vocal clip.…I'm going to show you how to use a filled recorder…as an audio input device with Camtasia.…
Now if my recording environment actually had…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.