Using the grouping feature in Camtasia 9 adds ease and power to your editing. Corbin Anderson shows you some advanced grouping techniques to improve your editing workflow, cut down on timeline errors, and speed up the production process.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look…at some advanced grouping options.…I'm talking about groups inside of groups.…You may have heard it referred to as nesting.…What I have here are three identical projects,…but I've organized each one differently…using different levels of grouping.…The one on the far right here has no grouping,…the one in the middle has some basic grouping,…and the one on the far left here has…I would say extreme or advanced grouping.…I have groups inside of groups.…Now, there are several reasons…I use these different levels of grouping.…
One, just to keep things organized.…It's easier for my brain to handle things…when they're grouped.…To me, the project on the far right…is just complete chaos.…It's really tough visually…to keep track of what's going on.…The next reason is, I can name groups.…You can see here in the middle,…I've taken the clips that belong together,…sound effects, voiceover, et cetera,…grouped them, and renamed the group…something that makes sense to me.…Now, to rename a group you just right click the group,…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.