Adding music to your Camtasia 9 project can really add polish and interest, but you don't want your tune to trample your tutorial. Corbin Anderson shows you how to adjust the music volume level to enhance, rather than bury, your vocal track.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to tweak your tunes…so they don't interfere with your voiceover.…If you've tried adding music to any of your projects,…you've probably discovered that it can easily override…your vocals and render them completely unintelligible.…The simplest way to handle this is to just lower…the overall volume of the music track.…Like this.…Just going to bring down the volume here to about let's say 20%…and see how that sounds.…- [Voiceover] Corbin, I'll be your guide on this adventure.…
- [Instructor] All right, and that can work just fine…especially if you're in a time crunch,…but if you want to go for a more polished radio sound,…you can use an advanced technique called ducking.…Let me show you this one here on the left.…On the clip on the left, you can see I've made a number of…audio level adjustments to this music track.…What I've done is kept the overall volume low…during the vocal, but raised it up a bit…when there's no speaking part.…This is the ducking.…It just adds a bit of punch to the project.…
- Advanced microphone options
- Exploring Camtasia Studio preferences
- Making edits during a recording
- Organizing the media bin
- Building an asset library
- Extending a frame
- Making use of Google Drive
- Advanced marker techniques
- Advanced behavior modification
- Adding reusable assets to your library
- Blurring sensitive information
- Removing a green screen
- Transcoding files for compatibility
- Replacing a troublesome track
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 8: Creating Instructional Videoswith Corbin Anderson1h 12m Intermediate
1. Capturing Your Story
Advanced microphone options2m 57s
2. Primary Editing
3. Advanced Editing
4. Improving Audio
5. Taking Advantage of Your Smartphone
6. Polishing Your Story
8. Producing and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.