Explore clip speed adjustments in Camtasia 9. Corbin Anderson shows you the techniques you need to speed up a section to save time and keep your viewers attention, or slow down a clip to make a point.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you how to speed up…or slow down an audio or video clip.…There are a number of reasons I might want to do this.…I might want to slow down a clip so it's easier to follow…or maybe adjust the speed of a video clip so the length…matches an audio track or possibly a music track.…But the reason I use it most is to speed through…boring parts, no kidding.…For example, logins, no one wants to watch me fumble…and bumble my username and password for 16 seconds…while I login to e-mail or whatever.…
So what I do is record at the normal speed then add a clip…speed adjustment later and blaze through the login.…I'll show you, let's look at this clip here of me…logging into my Gmail.…Real riveting footage right?…It's a whole 16 seconds long.…Nobody wants to watch that.…So let's add a clip speed adjustment.…Now there are a couple of ways to do this but the way I'm…going to show you works for both audio and video.…
I think it's the easiest way.…I'm just gonna right-click on the clip…and choose add clip speed.…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.