Learn how to add transitions as well as get a quick overview of best practices.
- [Instructor] We're going to take a look…at adding transitions.…Like this dip to black between these two clips here.…I'm just gonna hit the space bar to play that.…Alright, so transitions live here in the transitions panel.…Just click on that, and I can preview any of these…just by scrubbing through.…And I can see what's gonna happen.…You can add a transition in between any two adjacent clips,…they have to be touching for it to work, though.…I'm gonna go ahead and add a fade through black here…between these two clips.…
I'm just gonna drag and drop…right between the two clips.…And let's see how that worked out.…I'm gonna hit the space bar to play that.…And if I decide that's a little too long or too short,…I can adjust the duration.…I'm gonna zoom in here a bit tighter.…And if I just mouse over the edge here,…I can shorten the duration, let's try that,…or extend it…for a real slow transition.…I'm gonna put that back to about one second.…
I can also add a transition…at the beginning or end of a clip.…Let's go ahead and add a pixelate here…
- Tips for recording success
- Recording video
- Importing media from different sources
- Editing your video
- Sharing videos the easy way
- Adding annotations, animations, and transitions
- Techniques for adding music
- Creating reusable library assets
- Archiving a full project
Skill Level Beginner
Visualizing a final project2m 19s
1. Creating Your First Video
2. Improving Your Video
3. Polishing Your Project
4. Finishing Steps
Creating a local file video1m 58s
Next steps1m 24s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.