Learn how to add transitions to your Camtasia 9 project to add interest, clarify a scene change, or create a smooth move between your screen capture clips.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Let's explore adding transitions.…A transition is just an effect…that creates a visual bridge between two clips.…Like this.…I use transitions to show a passing of time,…draw the viewer's eye to a scene change,…maybe hide a mistake,…or sometimes just 'cause it looks cool.…You've undoubtedly scene transitions before.…They're used all the time in video.…Now you can add a transition…between any two video clips, images or even groups,…as long as they're touching on the timeline…and they're not stitched.…
Here's how.…First, I'm gonna click here on the transitions button.…And I can browse through the transitions.…I can either browse by all,…or I can browse by category.…I'm just gonna go with all, so I can see everything.…Then I'm gonna find a transition here to try.…Let's try fade through black.…That's one I like.…Gonna drag it here…right to the split between the two clips.…And boom, it's just there.…Let's see how it looks.…Okay, I got a fade through black there.…
Now, if that is a little too long,…or too short for me,…all I need to do is mouse over the edge here…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.