Learn how to add a closed captions track to your video for ADA compliance, read-along instructions, or viewers who just want to watch without the sound on.
- [Instructor] It's a really good idea…to include closed captioning in your video,…not just to be ADA compliant, but to give viewers…the option of reading your instructions while they listen,…or even viewing the video without the sound.…I'm going to show you a few ways to go about this.…You can choose the one that works best for you.…Now, Camtasia comes with an automatic speech to text tool,…which may save you time.…Emphasis on the may, you'll see why in a minute.…Let's go ahead and give that a try.…Now, I don't have any music or sound effects,…but if I did, I'd temporarily disable them.…
I only want my vocal track playing, and in fact,…I can turn off my video and image tracks, as well,…so I can give my computer a break…and just focus on the closed captioning.…So I'm just going to disable everything here…except my vocal track.…Okay.…Okay, now I'm going to run the automated speech to text tool.…It's up here in the CC captions button.…If you don't see it, it's down here somewhere…in the more area.…And I'm going to go up here to this little gear icon…
- Adding transitions
- Changing speed after recording
- Removing or replacing a green screen
- Reframing a shot
- Creating advanced animations
- Fixing audio gaps with room tone
- Removing noise
- Leveling volume
- Including music
- Adjusting color
- Adding closed captioning
- Publishing closed captions
- Archiving an entire project
Skill Level Advanced
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
Camtasia: Advanced Techniqueswith Corbin Anderson3h 11m Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready to Edit
2. Editing Deep Dive 1
3. Editing Deep Dive 2
4. Working with Audio
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.