Learn how to add easily add closed captioning to your Camtasia 9 project to improve your SEO and make your video ADA compliant.
- [Instructor] Camtasia gives you the ability…to add closed captioning to your video.…Adding closed captioning makes your videos ADA compliant…and improves searchability.…It's worth doing.…A bit of a disclaimer:…This feature doesn't work with every video sharing option.…What happens is Camtasia creates a separate Captions file,…which may or may not be compatible…with your player or video host.…We'll look a bit more at sharing options…in another video.…The fist step is, of course, to add…your closed captioning to your video.…
Now, you can copy and paste from your script…or just listen and type.…I'll show you both methods.…Let's give it a go.…I'm going to go ahead here…and click on the Closed Captions button,…and I'm going to add a caption.…Camtasia creates a four second,…ADA compliant captions box…for my text.…Now, Kat's voice doesn't actually start…until about here,…so I'm going to go ahead and pull that down…before I begin.…Now, I'm going to click in the box…to make sure it's selected,…and I'm going to click this Play button,…
- Scripting a video
- Choosing and setting up a lavalier
- Shooting video with your phone
- Capturing multiple sources
- Using a phone screen recorder
- Removing noise
- Choosing a resolution
- Leveling vocals
- Making detailed audio adjustments
- Copying effects to save time
- Editing synced videos
- Adding closed captioning
- Sharing your finished video
Skill Level Advanced
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
Camtasia 9: Creating Instructional Videoswith Kat Anderson1h 10m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Recording a Demonstration Video
3. Producing Your Video, Part 1
4. Producing Your Video, Part 2
5. Sharing Your Video
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.