Discover how to add annotations to your Camtasia 9 project. With a quick drag and drop and a few clicks you can add clarification, add interest, or share additional information with your viewers.
- [Instructor] Sometimes after you record your video,…you may find yourself saying, gee, I need to add…just a bit of clarification to tell this story.…Well, Annotations can help you do just that.…You can add Callouts, Arrows, Shapes,…Blurs & Highlights, Sketch Motion,…and even Keystroke Callouts right on top…of your existing tracks.…There are oodles to choose from.…I'm gonna demonstrate a few by adding them to…this collection of clips I recorded earlier.…Let's go ahead and give it a listen.…
Next up is the canvas.…This is essentially your movie screen.…Okay, let's start with Callouts.…I want to draw the viewer's eye to the canvas.…So I'm gonna look through here.…I can either browse all or I can browse by category.…I'm gonna take this one here and I'm just gonna drag it…to the timeline and Camtasia creates a new track for me.…Okay, now I need to adjust it obviously.…If I click on the arrow, I can drag it around,…reposition it, and if I click on these handles…I can resize it.…
If I hold the Shift key, I keep it in proportion.…
- Exploring the Camtasia interface
- Choosing a capture area
- Recording your webcam
- Editing your recording
- Adding media and music
- Adding annotations
- Going mobile with Fuse
- Adding animations and transitions
- Adding behaviors
- Exploring the visual effects
- Improving audio
- Sharing your Camtasia recordings
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting Ready
2. Capturing Your Story
3. Editing Your Story
4. Enhancing Your Story
5. Going Mobile
Going mobile with Fuse2m 4s
6. Polishing Your Story
7. Improving Audio
8. Troubleshoot Common Problems
9. Sharing Your Story
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.