It's important to plan out where you would like to add quizzes in your videos and then add them to the timeline or to individual elements within the timeline.
- [Instructor] The quiz feature inside of Camtasia is extremely intuitive so it won't take long to learn how to start taking advantage of it. Right now, I have a video and some elements opened up inside of Camtasia. This is actually the example that I used in the previous video. Let's take a look at how I added the quizzes. The first thing you'll need to do is to plan out where you want your quiz or quizzes to appear in the video. A quiz can be composed of one question or multiple questions and you can include multiple quizzes per video but it is important to spend some time up front planning out your questions as well as where you'll want the quiz to appear when users are watching this video.
Now, let's take a look at the quizzes that I've already added down here. Quizzes in Camtasia are represented by these green flags. So I have one right here and then one over here to the right. This one, if I click on it, I can then go to the properties panel and here, see that it's called sharing your document and if I click on the questions tab, I can see the questions that I went ahead and added in. So there they are. Now, if I go to the quiz on the right hand side and click on quiz two, this is one that I added but I haven't customized yet.
So you can see here it's called quiz two, that's by default and I haven't yet added any questions. So what I'm going to do is go down here and let's take a look at how we can simply add a quiz to the timeline. Now if I wanted my quiz to be right here, I could right click on that playhead and then select add quiz to timeline. When I do that, it adds it to the timeline. That means that the quiz will stay at that point in the timeline. But there is another option with quizzes. With quizzes, you can add them directly to an element.
So if I wanted to delete this, I'll right click and delete it, and let's say that I wanted to add it at this point in the element, so in this screen capture. I can go ahead and you'll see this green arrow and that's because I'm in quiz mode over here on the left. I can toggle between quiz mode and marker mode if I want. And I'm going to go ahead and add it there. Now the difference this time is that it's attached to that element. So if I were to move this element, the quiz would move with it. If I add it to the timeline, it will stay at that spot in the timeline so it is important to determine where you want to add it.
Now I'm going to right-click and delete that. And now let's go over to the right hand side and check out quiz two that I created here. I just wanna make sure that it's in the correct spot. I'll click play. You can click the box here to notify them. Okay, so that's obviously not in the right spot because it would appear while I am mid-sentence so that would be awkward if a quiz appeared on the video while I was mid-sentence. So I'm going to want to move that. So let's take a look at where I want it. So right here, there is a gap.
And they will receive an email. Where I go into the next part. Now, I'm going to toggle this back by clicking on the playhead and you can use the comma to move backwards or the period to move forward, those are very useful shortcuts. I'm going to move backwards until I get right here. Now this is where I want my quiz. And it's important to realize that when you add a quiz to your timeline, you can easily move it by clicking on that flag and dragging it where you want it to be. So right there is where I want that quiz to be and I have now added it.
I'll go up to the top here and I can rename it if I wanted to and we'll take a look at how to do that next.
- Creating interactive hotspots
- Linking to external resources
- Adding quizzes
- Exporting interactive videos
- Saving videos on Screencast.com