Learn how to use your smartphone, Camtasia, and a few simple accessories to create a high-quality video-based training.
- [Corbin] Welcome. I'm Corbin Anderson. I've been an instructional technologist of one kind or another for nearly two decades. I've created hundreds of instructional videos and have been a Camtasia enthusiast for many years. Whether you're an instructor, an instructional designer or any other kind of digital storyteller, I'm going to show you how to take your Camtasia skills to the next level using your smartphone. While every step has been designed to be as simple as possible, this isn't a beginner's course.
Throughout the course, I'll be deconstructing a short, live-action instructional video created with the idea of doing more with less. With just your phone, Camtasia and a few low-cost accessories, you can create a high-quality instructional video to share with the world. The main focus of the course is on the Camtasia end of things, but if you're new to phone videography, no worries, I've got you covered. We'll be looking at recording clean, clear audio using a wired lavalier, the basics of shooting video with your phone, recording your phone screen, capturing multiple sources simultaneously and pulling everything together in Camtasia for production, polishing and publishing.
That's enough talk about what we're going to do. Let's take a look at the demo video and get creating.
- Scripting a video
- Choosing and setting up a lavalier
- Shooting video with your phone
- Capturing multiple sources
- Using a phone screen recorder
- Removing noise
- Choosing a resolution
- Leveling vocals
- Making detailed audio adjustments
- Copying effects to save time
- Editing synced videos
- Adding closed captioning
- Sharing your finished video