This course explores how Camtasia 9 can enhance your instructional videos. The tips and tricks offered will help create engage and take advantage of Camtasia 9 tools.
- [Instructor] As an educator, there are certain types of videos that I create often to enhance my teaching practice and save myself time. In this course, I'm going to walk you through some of the different types of instructional videos, and I'll show you the basics of how to record and edit those videos using Camtasia 9. If you haven't yet installed Camtasia 9 on your computer, you'll want to do that before you begin. You can download the full or free trial version at techsmith.com/camtasia. Either version will work for this course.
TechSmith does offer a discount for educators. So if you are an educator, make sure you check out that option before purchasing the program. I want to stress the importance of trying out each of the skills and tools as we go through them in the course. The practice piece is crucial to understanding how this process all comes together to create videos. If you skip over the practice, you may become frustrated and even overwhelmed when you try to just jump into video creation at the end of the course. By practicing skills along the way, you're going to internalize the concepts, and you will be all set to create several types of videos when we finish.
Okay, let's get started.
- Understanding the Camtasia 9 interface
- Recording tips and tricks
- Capturing your video
- Providing feedback
- Capturing a slide presentation
- Making a basic edit
- Adding annotations, transitions, and music
- Hiding mistakes
- Posting your video