- The lighting situation that we have right now,…where the sun is coming down very hard on me…is creating some pretty hard shadows on my face…as well as on Holly's face here.…I want to take a picture of Holly,…but I really don't want those hard shadows to be…quite as harsh as they are right now.…So, I'm gonna fill in those shadows with the popup flash…on my camera.…Before I turn on the flash, I want to take a picture…without the flash, just so you can see the difference…before and after.…So, first off, we'll just get a quick little shot here.…And there the shadows are pretty strong.…So, let's go ahead and turn on the flash.…
Just pop that guy up there.…And by the way, I'm in aperture priority mode…shooting at about F18 here.…So, go head and fire that off.…And there you can see that the shadows have been filled in…just a little bit.…Now this small flash isn't going to overpower…the entire sun.…You're not going to completely fill in those shadows,…but just filling them in a little bit…can make quite a difference.…
- Adjusting aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Controlling autofocus
- Using buttons to change focus, metering, and shooting modes
- Carrying a camera like a pro
- Stabilizing the camera
- Working with flash
- Thinking creatively and changing your point of view
- Buying new gear
Skill Level Beginner
1. Carry and Hold A Camera Like a Pro
2. Stabilize the Camera
3. P Is Not for Perfect
4. Settings in the Real World
5. Push Your Buttons
6. Control Your Auto Focus
Focus peaking1m 21s
8. Change Your Point of View
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.