Master the controls and creative options of your Canon speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Learn on-camera and off-camera flash techniques for your Canon flash.
- If there's one thing I've learned about photography, it's that light is the most important thing I can control to make a great photograph. That's why I bought speedlites. These little tools allow me to make great light in any situation, but trying to use these lights, and understand the manuals, made me feel like I wasn't smart enough to figure it out, and that lighting is really difficult, and maybe I'd better just stick to being a natural light photographer, and I know I'm not alone. Many of the photographers I meet, and teach, feel that lighting is just too complicated.
My name is Levi Sim, and in this course, I'll show you how to use your speedlite. I'm not talking about how to make a portrait with it, I'm talking about how to turn it on, how to setup your camera to work with it, how to use it on your camera, how to use it off your camera, and how to use all those little accessories that came with it. I'm going to show you how to be ready to make great light in any situation. If you haven't bought a Cannon speedlite yet, this course may just help you make some decisions about which models to buy, and what features you'll use most.
I'm really excited for you, because using speedlites is simple, and after this course, you'll be able to unleash their power, and transform your photography. You'll be ready to make great light in any situation. So, let's go, let's start learning how to use Cannon speedlites.
You'll also find out how to set up your Canon camera itself to make the most of the speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Levi Sim helps you master the controls, including the camera and flash modes, flash modifiers, and accessories, and creative options offered by a speedlight: soft light, hard light, and bounced light. By the end of this course, you'll be able to make great light in any situation with your speedlight. If you don't have one yet, you'll understand just what model is best for your needs and what features you'll use the most.
- Why use a speedlight?
- Powering a speedlight
- Choosing the right camera mode
- Choosing the right flash modes
- Using flash modifiers
- Creating soft and hard light
- Accessing Commander mode
- Positioning the flash off camera
- Using an iTTL extension cord
- Extending battery life
- Controlling ambient light
- Using speedlights with third-party radio triggers