- When you bought your Speedlite,…there were probably a couple of other things in the box…that you're gonna find really handy.…Firstly, there's a case for your Speedlite.…It's soft and just protects the Speedlite…from getting scratched up…and keeps it looking cosmetically good.…I recommend keeping it in your bag.…It's not probably going to protect it…in a, if you drop the Speedlite,…but it keeps it looking fresh and new.…Next, there's a stand, and the stand has a little slot…inside the case it can sit in.…The stand is really handy for allowing you…to put your Speedlite anywhere that's not…the top of your camera.…
I often use it to set it on a bookshelf…or on a table, and it's also got…a tripod mount on the bottom.…It's got a 1/4-20 receptacle right here…so that you can mount it to a tripod…or to the top of a light stand.…This is a diffuser, sometimes called a Sto-Fen,…which is a company that makes them after market.…If you ever lose yours, you can get a new one…for your flash from Sto-Fen,…and it's usually a bit cheaper than getting a new one…
You'll also find out how to set up your Canon camera itself to make the most of the speedlight—one of the most liberating photography tools you can buy. Levi Sim helps you master the controls, including the camera and flash modes, flash modifiers, and accessories, and creative options offered by a speedlight: soft light, hard light, and bounced light. By the end of this course, you'll be able to make great light in any situation with your speedlight. If you don't have one yet, you'll understand just what model is best for your needs and what features you'll use the most.
- Why use a speedlight?
- Powering a speedlight
- Choosing the right camera mode
- Choosing the right flash modes
- Using flash modifiers
- Creating soft and hard light
- Accessing Commander mode
- Positioning the flash off camera
- Using an iTTL extension cord
- Extending battery life
- Controlling ambient light
- Using speedlights with third-party radio triggers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Speedlites
2. Quick Start
Speedlite menus and controls4m 40s
3. Taking Control of a Speedlite
4. Controlling and Shaping the Light
5. The Camera as Commander
6. Using Off-Camera Flash
7. Shooting with Speedlites and Workflow Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.