Want to properly expose your image with your Olympus EM Series camera? Utilizing the exposure triangle will get you the best results. What is the exposure triangle and how do you use it? In this movie, author Richard Harrington will explain how to use the three points of the exposure triangle to expose your image well.
- I'd like to take a few moments to walk you through…the exposure triangle.…This is absolutely essential to understanding…how to get performance out of your camera.…Once you've mastered the exposure triangle…and all of its components, you can get the results you want.…Noise free photos, shallow depth of field,…blurred motion, it all comes down to understanding…how all three components come into play.…But what are those components?…Well first up is the ISO sensitivity.…This determines how sensitive your camera sensor is.…And it's going to react to light.…
As you adjust this, it's going to represent…essentially a stop of light.…So as we adjust the ISO up or down…it's going to essentially represent a doubling…or a halving of the sensor's sensitivity.…So let me show you that.…So here we are in the camera.…Let's go to the ISO here for a moment.…We're at ISO 800.…Now if I reduce the sensitivity to light,…you'll see that it tells me that the shot…is starting to underexpose.…This is because I'm in manual mode.…
Now the camera's also nice, it's going to make…
In this course Richard Harrington and Rhed Pixel demonstrate a set of customization strategies aimed at making your EM series camera far more responsive. They show you how to master the exposure by modifying ISO, aperture, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. They take you through several specialty shooting modes including Bulb, Art Filter, panoramic, and 3d mode. In addition to showing you how to get the most out of the in-camera settings, they show you how to control the camera remotely, connect the camera to Wi-Fi, record video, and more.
Get ready to go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Olympus EM-D series camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Modifying focus points
- Setting a custom white balance
- Building lens kits
- Adding flashes, grips, and remote cable releases
- Adjusting exposure settings and locking exposure
- Shooting with specialty shooting modes
- Connecting your camera to Wi-Fi
- Recording video and attaching an external microphone
Skill Level Intermediate
1. A Closer Look at the Camera
2. Building a Lens Kit for an E-M Series Camera
3. Essential Accessories for an E-M Series Camera
4. Mastering the Exposure Triangle with Your E-M Series Camera
5. Specialty Shooting Modes
6. Using Wi-Fi with Your E-M Series Camera
7. Working with Video and the E-M Series Cameras
Recording and viewing movies7m 21s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.