Go beyond the factory settings and make shooting with your Nikon D500 camera faster and more responsive with this collection of settings and customizing tips.
- Hey everybody. Welcome to the performance tuning your Nikon D500 camera. My name is Steve Simon. I'm a life-long, passionate Nikon shooter, very excited to be talking about the D500 camera, really the first, flagship, DX camera from Nikon in a lot of years, and it's so capable. It borrows a lot of its features from the flagship D5, and I'm going to be giving you a lot little nuggets on this camera, and six transformational core strategies for using it. They include back button auto focus, one mode, aperture priority, auto ISO, using live view correctly, turning off that image review on the back of the camera, and continuous release.
(shutter clicks) You know, we're not gonna cover every single item on the D500, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of my experience, and I'm gonna cover the stuff that's gonna have the most profound, positive effect on the way you shoot, so there's a lot to cover in this course. I can't wait to get started. Let's go.
In this course, photographer, author, and educator Steve Simon offers tips, strategies, and tutorials for you to get the most out of your D500. He also calls out techniques that apply to the Nikon D5, so you can transition between both cameras.
- Configuring back button autofocus
- Using dynamic autofocus points
- Understanding advanced autofocus features
- Controlling exposure
- Maximizing auto ISO
- Configuring Live View mode